Please select from a suggested donation or click the button and make a custom donation.
People USA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Legal Name: PEOPLe: Projects to Empower & Organize the Psychiatrically Labeled, Inc.
All charitable contributions to People USA qualify as tax-deductible.
Behavioral health issues affect us all, either directly or in our communities.
- You drive by a person on a street corner who is crying out for help.
- You hear of another person lost to the opioid epidemic.
- You see people isolating more than ever before because of technology.
- You see economic stress sending more of our neighbors into homelessness.
- You see our jails filling up with people who deserve treatment instead incarceration.
- You see the stress on our local hospitals, driving up our public costs.
- You hear of people not receiving the types of quality care they want when they need it the most.
- You feel that the system is not working.
At People USA we don’t look away from these problems. We move towards them. And with your support, we can fix them.
Your donation will directly support programs that:
- Serve all individuals, regardless of their care complexities or socioeconomic status
- Deliver welcoming, engaging, safe, comfortable, empathetic, and hopeful services
- Reduce the number of people with mental health or substance use issues in our local jails
- Prevent avoidable hospital admissions and recidivism
- Reduce public costs (e.g. Medicaid spending)
- Provide supportive housing that reduces homelessness
- Improve population health outcomes
- Set recovery and wellness as the expectation – raising the bar on the overall system.